Length: 1 day
Understanding accounting is a key skill needed in the Financial Services Industry. All too frequently even experienced personnel have only a cursory knowledge of key accounting concepts. This course provides participants with a sound understanding of the fundamentals of accounting. It has been designed for those who have no experience with the subject and well as those who have had an accounting course but need to brush-up.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the following:
- The basics of financial statement preparation
- The difference between accrual and cash accounting
- How revenue and expense recognition policies affect the income statement and balance sheet
- The differences between compiled, reviewed and audited statements
- The relationship between the balance sheet, income statement, and the statement of cash flows
- The relationship between profit, retained earnings and cash flow
- How footnotes provide valuable insight into the company’s financial position
The FTG approach is to customize all materials and case studies to reflect the lending environment actually experienced by the participant.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for anyone who works in a branch setting or in retail banking including: Branch Managers, Assistant Branch Managers, Small Business Lenders, Relationship Managers, and Portfolio Managers.