Financial Statement Analysis – Beginning and Advanced
Length: 2 Days
This course addresses financial statements the way a branch banker would in the process of his or her work.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the following:
- How to skeptically review all of the major accounts in the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows
- How to analyze trend in the major accounts
- How to analyze the company’s performance with ratios and address the implications for a firm’s future debt repayment ability
- How to analyze funds flow, cash flow, and net income
- How to mitigate the risks found in the numbers
- How to evaluate industry risk including strategic plans and market share
- How to present the information to a credit committee
The FTG approach is to customize all materials and case studies to reflect the lending environment actually experienced by the participant. Lecture and discussion, supplemented by group exercises and role play keep the course both fast paced and interesting.
The advanced session is designed for more experienced bankers, while the beginning version is appropriate for new hires and participants unfamiliar with ratios and financial statements.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for anyone who works in a branch setting or in retail banking including: Branch Managers, Assistant Branch Managers, Small Business Lenders, Relationship Managers, and Portfolio Managers.